When and where will the conference take place?
The 2024 NC Traffic Safety Conference will be held in Greenville, NC. Conference dates will be announced soon.
Who can attend this conference?
This conference is open to the public. Anyone may attend. Typically, attendees include traffic safety stakeholders, including advocates, researchers, Child Passenger Safety Technicians, Law Enforcement, Civil Engineers, judicial partners, and more.
How do I reserve a hotel room?
Conference commuters may pick up parking vouchers at the registration counter.
Vouchers are limited to 1 per commuter per day and are valid only in Performing Arts Deck (128 W. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601).
Sheraton Raleigh Guests
Please be sure to park in the Sheraton section of the hotel parking deck ( 416 S Salisbury St, Raleigh, NC 27601
). Part of the deck is used by a private company and requires a different parking permit.
What transportation options are available?
There are a number of ways to get to the Raleigh Convention Center using public transit, bicycle routes, or personal vehicles.
The R-Line is a free circulating bus service connecting areas of downtown Raleigh, including the Raleigh Convention Center.
The Raleigh Union Station (10 minute walk to Convention Center) offers train service from several NC destinations.
There is also a wide network of bicycle routes and greenways in the Raleigh area. For suggested routes, visit https://bikeraleigh.org/home/index.php/maps.
What type of payment options are available?
The conference accepts payments for registration and sponsorship fees by Credit Card, Check, and Purchase Order. Submit Credit Card payments online through the conference registration website. Mail Checks and Purchase Orders to the address provided in your registration confirmation message. All payments must be received prior to your check in at the event.
Are there any scholarships available?
- A limited number of conference registration scholarships are available. These scholarships are intended to help offset the cost of Conference attendance for individuals/agencies who will otherwise have to pay the registration fee “out-of-pocket.”
- Scholarships cover the $150 registration fee only. No travel, lodging or per diem costs are included. No cash awards will be made. Instead, scholarship awardees will be given a one-time use coupon code to use for the registration fee. Based on demand, a limit may be placed on the number of scholarships awarded per agency. If more valid applications are received than there are available scholarships, a drawing will be conducted and applicants will be chosen randomly.
- The scholarship application (once available) can be found at: https://ncvisionzero.org/expo/conference-registration/
Can I earn Child Passenger Safety CEU credits at this conference?
Child Passenger Safety CEUs will be offered at this conference. NC CPS Technicians will be able to earn all 6 CEUs needed for recertification.
How do I modify or cancel my reservation or registration?
Please see the Policies page for all cancellation, refund, and modification policies.
Do I need to wear my uniform at the conference?
The conference dress code is business casual. Typically, attendees wear uniforms/professional dress at the last meal of the conference, which will be indicated on the agenda.
I only want to attend one day at the conference. Is that possible?
There is one set registration fee, good for the whole conference. No daily rates are available.
Can I advertise in the conference program?
Yes. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am a speaker. What do I need to know?
- I am commuting to the conference. Do I have to pay for parking?
- Speakers who are employed by organizations which receive a GHSP grant to participate in the TSC will pay their own parking fees, and will follow their organization’s travel reimbursement process to submit for reimbursement from the grant funds.
- Speakers not covered by a GHSP grant will have their daily parking fees paid by the TSC.
- Commuting Speakers who drive daily to the TSC will be directed to a designated parking lot(s).
- Commuting Speakers will receive one (1) parking voucher for each day they are presenting.
- Vouchers must be requested each day from TSC staff at the Registration Check-in counter.
- Vouchers must be surrendered to the parking lot attendant when exiting the lot.
- Each voucher will allow only one (1) exit at no cost to the Speaker; the voucher will not allow multiple entries/exits to/from the lot.
- The voucher will be valid only for daytime parking and will not cover overnight parking in the lot.
- Overnight Speakers who drive and stay at a TSC hotel will be directed to the hotel’s parking lot.
- TSC will pay for one (1) overnight parking fee, along with one (1) hotel night stay, for each day the Speaker is presenting. Speakers must stay at a TSC hotel to qualify for this benefit.
- Hotel parking fees must be charged to the Speaker’s room account.
- TSC will direct the hotel to bill the Speaker’s allocated amount of room and parking charges to the TSC master account.
- The Speaker will be responsible for any additional room and parking charges as applicable during their stay.
- Do speakers have to pay the registration fee?
- Confirmed speakers will receive a unique registration link with a waived registration fee.
- Do speakers have to pay for a hotel?
- Hotel rooms will only be covered for speakers traveling over 35 miles to the Raleigh Convention Center. State of NC policy allows hotel per diem for persons traveling 35+ miles from their duty station or home, whichever is less, to their final travel destination.
- One night in the hotel will be covered for each day that a speaker presents. During registration, a credit card is needed to hold a hotel room. This card will only be charged for any nights not covered by GHSP (non-presentation days).
When and where will future conferences be held?
The NC Traffic Safety Conference will be held in the following locations in the coming years: