Help us recognize North Carolina traffic safety champions at the NC Traffic Safety Conference
Submit nominations for the Traffic Safety Awards at:
Per request, the nomination deadline has been extended!
All nomination entries must be received by April 30, 2022 at midnight
- Individuals or organizations may be nominated by any person who is familiar with the efforts and activities of the nominee.
- NCTSC Planning Committee members and their family members are not eligible for nomination.
- Nominees must be a current resident of North Carolina or an organization located within the state.
- Nominations will be reviewed and scored by a Selection Committee. All identifying information will be removed for scoring purposes.
- Please be specific in your nomination and provide detailed examples of efforts, including the number of people reached and the target audience, where appropriate.
- If you have any questions about the NC Traffic Safety Awards or would like to serve on the Selection Committee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022 Traffic Safety Award Nomination Categories
- Advocate Award – Person or organization who works to advocate for a traffic safety issue in North Carolina.
- Collaboration Award -This award recognizes a community-wide traffic safety effort that involves multiple partners and collaboration across disciplines.
- Designed for Safety Award – A person, organization, or municipal department that has designed a road/ corridor, device, or technology that prioritizes safety or represents an innovative solution to address a safety concern.
- Educator Award – A person or organization that has gone above and beyond to teach road users how to travel safely.
- Judicial Partner Award – This award goes to a prosecutor or judge who has shown dedication to traffic safety in the courtroom and community though their efforts to make our roadways safer.
- Law Enforcement Partner Award – A Law Enforcement department or officer who goes above and beyond in traffic safety efforts to make a difference in their community.
- Program Award – An innovative traffic safety program with significant involvement in promoting traffic safety in a community. All traffic safety-focused programs are eligible, including but not limited to teen driver safety programs, Law Enforcement programs, public health programs, bicycle/pedestrian safety programs, and more.
- Traffic Safety Partner of the Year Award – This is the top award of the NC Traffic Safety Conference, which recognizes an individual or organization that goes above and beyond job requirements to make North Carolina roads safer.