Help us recognize North Carolina traffic safety champions at the NC Traffic Safety Conference
Submit nominations for the Traffic Safety Awards at:
Per request, the nomination deadline has been extended!
All nomination entries must be received by April 30, 2022 at midnight
- Individuals or organizations may be nominated by any person who is familiar with the efforts and activities of the nominee.
- NCTSC Planning Committee members and their family members are not eligible for nomination.
- Nominees must be a current resident of North Carolina or an organization located within the state.
- Nominations will be reviewed and scored by a Selection Committee. All identifying information will be removed for scoring purposes.
- Please be specific in your nomination and provide detailed examples of efforts, including the number of people reached and the target audience, where appropriate.
- If you have any questions about the NC Traffic Safety Awards or would like to serve on the Selection Committee, please contact email@example.com.
2022 Traffic Safety Award Nomination Categories
- Advocate Award – Person or organization who works to advocate for a traffic safety issue in North Carolina.
- Collaboration Award -This award recognizes a community-wide traffic safety effort that involves multiple partners and collaboration across disciplines.
- Designed for Safety Award – A person, organization, or municipal department that has designed a road/ corridor, device, or technology that prioritizes safety or represents an innovative solution to address a safety concern.
- Educator Award – A person or organization that has gone above and beyond to teach road users how to travel safely.
- Judicial Partner Award – This award goes to a prosecutor or judge who has shown dedication to traffic safety in the courtroom and community though their efforts to make our roadways safer.
- Law Enforcement Partner Award – A Law Enforcement department or officer who goes above and beyond in traffic safety efforts to make a difference in their community.
- Program Award – An innovative traffic safety program with significant involvement in promoting traffic safety in a community. All traffic safety-focused programs are eligible, including but not limited to teen driver safety programs, Law Enforcement programs, public health programs, bicycle/pedestrian safety programs, and more.
- Traffic Safety Partner of the Year Award – This is the top award of the NC Traffic Safety Conference, which recognizes an individual or organization that goes above and beyond job requirements to make North Carolina roads safer.
See You at the 2024 Conference!